Top 10: Broadway's Best Cast Albums Ever
BY Winston Gieseke
January 24 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Wicked (Original Broadway Cast) (2003)
I saw this show three times and the CD has been in my car for nearly a decade. You can’t go wrong with a Stephen Schwartz score, especially when it’s sung by the amazing Idina Menzel, who won a Tony for her portrayal of Elphaba, and Kristin Chenoweth, whose voice could make a 401(k) statement moving. Even though it’s been covered far too many times, there is still no better rendition of “Defying Gravity” (though Philos’s version is pretty rockin’), and if you can’t relate to the sentiment of “For Good,” you need to get out more.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban