What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Am I Blue? Coming Out From the Silence, edited by Marion Dane Bauer (published in 1995)
This collection of short stories from award-winning authors in the young adult market really helped me when I first came out. Nothing is preachy, gimmicky, or overtly sexual ... just good, old fashioned, life-affirming stories.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Fergie: Labels and Love
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban
- WATCH: YouTuber R.J. Aguiar Releases 'Ask a Bi Guy'