What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Am I Blue? Coming Out From the Silence, edited by Marion Dane Bauer (published in 1995)
This collection of short stories from award-winning authors in the young adult market really helped me when I first came out. Nothing is preachy, gimmicky, or overtly sexual ... just good, old fashioned, life-affirming stories.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Utah High School Elects State's First Transgender Prom Queen