What to Read: A Gay Books Primer
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2010 3:20 PM ET
Am I Blue? Coming Out From the Silence, edited by Marion Dane Bauer (published in 1995)
This collection of short stories from award-winning authors in the young adult market really helped me when I first came out. Nothing is preachy, gimmicky, or overtly sexual ... just good, old fashioned, life-affirming stories.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- WATCH: Indiana Town Postpones LGBT Rights Vote Over Confusion