Does Jesus Love You? Books About Gays and Religion
BY Christopher Rudolph
December 20 2012 5:32 AM ET
Above All Things by Shari Johnson (Changing Lives Press, $18.99)
When Shari Johnson's daughter came out to her, Johnson, an evangelical Christian, cried and begged God to turn her daughter straight. What followed was her own awakening, in which she learned to love God and her gay daughter with the same heart. A compelling book in part because Johnson's daughter is Cholene Espinoza, a former embedded war journalist whose wife, Ellen Ratner, is a Fox News correspondent. (ChangingLivesPress.com)
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media