Books for Young LGBT Folks and Anyone Who Wants to Understand Them
BY Clea Kim
January 31 2013 5:00 AM ET UPDATED: September 24 2014 2:24 PM ET
In Stone: A Grotesque Faerie Tale by Jeremy Jordan King (Bold Stroke Books, $11.95)
Jeremy always thought he was an average gay kid from New York, caught between the worlds of adolescence and adulthood. One day he becomes the victim of a horrible act of homophobia. Luckily, he gets the help of Garth, a gargoyle who is trapped in stone and condemned to an immortal life. This is the magical story of human and monster coming together as friends to deal with the events of the past head on. This is sure to appeal to the young generation of fantasy lovers.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series