The Best Poets: Hear From Lambda's Nominees
BY Daniel Reynolds
March 31 2014 7:31 AM ET
From The Talking Day by Michael Klein
Shadow of him, net to shadow of a dog.
The rest of light waits somewhere he’s been to
And never thought he’d have.
Here in the beyond – a little – the middle of his life.
The ocean, a success behind that.
He knows what happened.
He asked for love.
That was his first mistake.
Excerpted from The Talking Day by Michael Klein with permission from the author. Copyright 2013. Published by Sibling Rivalry Press.
Michael Klein is a five-time Lambda Literary Award Finalist, which includes recent recognition for his book of poems, “The Talking Day”, published in 2013 by Sibling Rivalry Press. New work appears or is forthcoming in BLOOM, Little Star, Guernica, Poets & Writers, The Awl, and Poetry magazine. He reviews books for Los Angeles Review of Books and The Rumpus and teaches in the MFA Program at Goddard College. He lives in New York and Provincetown, Massachusetts, with his husband, Andrew Hood and his dog, Ruby and his cat, Cyrus.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- 22 Queer One-Hit Wonders From Yesteryear