Debi Mazar: Debi Does Dancing
BY Brandon Voss
September 28 2009 3:10 PM ET
Even though you have a husband and children, do you still have gay friends who take you out to clubs from time to time?
No. Now my friends come over and I cook for them, or I have one-on-one luncheons while the kids are at school. Life has definitely changed.
I read that Madonna recently gave you some advice about how to stay focused and be fabulous on the show. Are you ever annoyed when journalists ask you about her and your friendship?
I guess there was a period where it became annoying when I was trying to leave the makeup artist thing behind and put the attention on my acting career, but not anymore. I mean, she’s the most famous pop star of my generation, and I feel lucky that we have a friendship that has transcended almost three decades. We’re both ambitious Leos, we’ve both lived life, and we’ve both had many friends who have died. I’ve been to every wedding she’s had and I’ve seen the birth of her children, and she’s seen the birth of mine. She’s been like a big sister to me. People always want to know how and what she’s doing, but I’m probably her only friend who doesn’t speak to the press about her.
Well, I won’t say, “Break a leg,” but you’ll definitely get my vote this week.
Thank you! Hopefully I can do a good job and make y’all proud. It’s crazy — I had no idea how many people watch this show. I have this one friend, Robert, who goes by Constance. He e-mailed me and said, “Debi, I’ve never asked you for anything in the 25 years I’ve known you, but can I please come to Dancing With the Stars on one of your dance nights?” I don’t know if he’ll come in drag or not, but he’ll definitely be at the next show!
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 36 min 34 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 8 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 13 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 14 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 28 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 49 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM