Hot Sheet: Kelis,
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2010 5:40 AM ET
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: She doesn’t smoke, she doesn’t drink, and she doesn’t believe in premarital sex. And all those qualities come to the fore in Eclipse, the third in the series of film adaptations of Mormon author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight books. Unlike in the first two films, in Eclipse the characters seem to finally be growing up — you even get the sense of some sexual tension all around in the love triangle of Bella, Edward, and Jacob. And with Taylor Lautner near-nude on several occasions, the eye candy is most certainly out in full force.
The Last Airbender: No twist ending. No endlessly trying to figure out what the hell M. Night Shyamalan is talking about. For his latest film (an adaptation of an animated kids’ series), the director even keeps the run time to a cool 95 minutes to tell the story of a war of the elements. Reviews for the film have been poor, but based on early box office receipts, this promises to be Shyamalan’s most successful film since The Village.
Love Ranch: Helen Mirren plays a madam who, with her husband (Joe Pesci), opens Nevada’s first legal brothel. Gay favorites Gina Gershon and Leslie Jordan pop up in small roles, and you get the sense some of these hookers would rather be getting up close and personal with each other than their male clients. Taylor Hackford (Mirren’s real-life husband and the much-honored director of Ray) directs.
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 1 hour 46 min ago
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 2 hours 46 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM