The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 03 2010 6:10 AM ET
My Trip Down the Pink Carpet — Emmy award-winning actor Leslie Jordan has given memorable performances on Will & Grace and numerous other TV shows and films, but his greatest skill is perhaps a knack for outrageous storytelling. In this filmed version of his acclaimed one-man show, the Southern-born raconteur uses rapid-fire anecdotes and reenactments to chronicle his misadventures in show business.
Prime Suspect: The Complete Collection — Helen Mirren's formidable, multi-award-winning performance as driven, hard-living, no-nonsense detective Jane Tennison stands as one of the iconic star's finest achievements. Ralph Fiennes and Tom Wilkinson are among the numerous before-they-were-famous actors who appear in supporting roles throughout this addictively watchable police procedural. All seven seasons are collected for the first time in this boxed set.
Sons of Anarchy: Season Two — Inexplicably missing from this years Emmy nominations, Sons of Anarchy is violent, crass, and at times hard to watch — but it’s also quite possibly one of the best shows on TV. Sons of Anarchy, loosely based on Shakespeare’s Hamlet, follows a gang of outlaw bikers who essentially take over a small town in Northern California. Katey Sagal in particular stands out as Gemma Teller, the manipulative mother hen to the boys’ club, who’ll stop at nothing to get what she wants.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 54 min 36 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 8 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 29 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM