The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2010 5:15 AM ET
Glee: The Complete First Season — Ryan Murphy’s musical sitcom about a high school show choir made a star of Jane Lynch and became a bona fide cultural phenomenon. The series attracted guest stars such as Olivia Newton-John, Kristin Chenoweth, and Neil Patrick Harris and had pop stars clamoring to have their musical catalogs reinvented by the show’s talented cast. “The Gleek Edition” contains more than two hours of never-before-seen extras, including behind-the-scenes footage from the “Power of Madonna” episode.
Modern Family: The Complete First Season — ABC’s fast-paced mockumentary that follows several nontraditional parents, including a same-sex couple (played by Jesse Tyler Fergusen and Emmy-winner Eric Stonestreet), is not only one of the breakout hits of last season, it’s also one of the best-written, scoring an Emmy as best comedy. All 24 episodes are available on the boxed set as well as a multitude of previously unseen extras, including cast interviews, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and deleted, extended, and alternate scenes.
Desperate Housewives: Season Six — For anyone who stopped watching Desperate Housewives a few seasons back because it seemed stale and over, stop what you’re doing, prepare to watch again, and kick things off with this season. It’s not as good as season 1, but it’s a throwback to what made Desperate Housewives fun in the first place — and a perfect appetizer for season 7, featuring new housewife Vanessa Williams. Few people play barefoot, pregnant, and over it like Felicity Huffman, and Eva Longoria’s tender relationship with desperate-to-become-dads Bob (Tuc Watkins) and Lee (Kevin Rahm) is a nice shake-up for her otherwise self-involved Gabrielle. This show can still pack a genuinely snarky laugh or three.
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM
- Media News Anchor on Russia's RT Network Quits Job on Air in Protest March 06 2014 4:34 PM