The Hot Sheet
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 29 2010 7:40 AM ET
The Facts of Life: The Complete Fifth Season — Materialistic Blair and dykon Jo experience a bumpy transition to freshman year in college until Mrs. Garrett opens Edna's Edibles, her gourmet food shop, paving the way for all her girls (Tootie and Natalie round out the foursome) to remain together. Future sitcom stars Jami Gertz, Helen Hunt, and Jean Smart make early TV appearances during the fifth season of the long-running series.
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy — Fans of the Back to the Future franchise will likely jump at the chance to see hour-long, behind-the-scenes documentaries accompanying all three films — and seeing Michael J. Fox in such good spirits remembering some of the best moments of his career is a thrill. The first and third installments stand up better over time than the second (mostly because of its completely inaccurate look at the future, which now is just five years away), but all three movies are imaginative, involved, and great family fun.
Sex and the City 2 — Yeah, we know, the film was roundly trounced by critics who justifiably took issue with its unwarranted length, the shallowness of the ladies' antics, and how annoyingly shrill Carrie has become since marrying Big. Yet on the positive side, the extravagant vacation the women take to the Middle East provides a shameless, scenic wallow, and it's difficult to resist a wedding (Stanford and Anthony's) this opulent and so gay that no less than Liza Minnelli herself manifests to officiate the ceremony and perform a zany cover of "All the Single Ladies."
Watch an exclusive-to-Blu-ray bonus feature on the filming of the wedding sequence below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 21 min 22 sec ago
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM