BY Brandon Voss
January 07 2011 3:00 PM ET
4. CABARET: Loose Chanteuse, Varla Jean Merman
With saucy numbers like a Mozart–Lady Gaga mash-up, the divine Miss Merman kicks off a national tour of her new act through January 15 at the Cavern Club Theatre in Los Angeles. A beloved creation of Jeffery Roberson, the Girls Will Be Girls star also shares the terror of being trapped in a Toyota Prius with a lesbian in a video spoof of Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car.” Tom Judson — pruriently known as Gus Mattox — tickles the ivories.
3. TV: Your OWN Show: Oprah’s Search for the Next TV Star
Nancy O’Dell and Queer Eye’s Carson Kressley host this inspiring reality contest from executive producer Mark Burnett, which debuts January 7 on OWN. The 10 TV host hopefuls, who’ll be mentored by established hosts like Suze Orman, include West Hollywood YouTube comic Ryan O'Connor (pictured) of Ryan O’Connor Eats His Feelings cabaret fame. He’s got some tough competition, but Ryan hopes the nation needs another gay best friend.
2. BOOK: Welcome to My World, Johnny Weir
Are you sitting? Yep, the Olympic figure skater officially admits he’s gay in this witty collection of outrageous essays and anecdotes about skating, fashion, pop culture, and all things Johnny. “In a sexual way, I'm gay, but I would marry a woman tomorrow if it struck me,” he writes in hopes of setting an example for troubled LGBT youths bullied at school or with tough parents. “I don't think sex and relationships necessarily have to go together."
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride