Queen to get star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
The rock group Queen is on the list of celebrities to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002. The group, whose songs Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are the Champions remain perennially popular, was fronted by gay singer Freddie Mercury before his death from AIDS in 1991. Others scheduled to be honored with stars next year are Sandra Bullock, Rose Marie, Rodney Dangerfield, and K.C. and the Sunshine Band.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Why Are We Gay?
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme