Queen to get star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
The rock group Queen is on the list of celebrities to receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002. The group, whose songs Bohemian Rhapsody and We Are the Champions remain perennially popular, was fronted by gay singer Freddie Mercury before his death from AIDS in 1991. Others scheduled to be honored with stars next year are Sandra Bullock, Rose Marie, Rodney Dangerfield, and K.C. and the Sunshine Band.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Russian Army Sings 'Barbie Girl'