IFC Films acquires Rose Troche's The Safety of Objects
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Safety of Objects, the latest film from out director Rose Troche (Go Fish, Bedrooms and Hallways), has been acquired by IFC Films, according to indieWIRE.com. Based on short stories by A.M. Homes, the film stars Glenn Close, Dermot Mulroney, Jessica Campbell, Patricia Clarkson, Joshua Jackson, Moira Kelly, Robert Klein, Timothy Olyphant, and Mary Kay Place. "Rose Troche is a highly acclaimed independent director poised to break out to a wider audience with The Safety of Objects," said IFC Films senior vice president Bob Berney. "We believe this film, with its ensemble of brilliant performances, has a very broad appeal." The film is scheduled for release next summer.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Original Intent of Indiana-Type Laws Has Been Warped