IFC Films acquires Rose Troche's The Safety of Objects
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 25 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Safety of Objects, the latest film from out director Rose Troche (Go Fish, Bedrooms and Hallways), has been acquired by IFC Films, according to indieWIRE.com. Based on short stories by A.M. Homes, the film stars Glenn Close, Dermot Mulroney, Jessica Campbell, Patricia Clarkson, Joshua Jackson, Moira Kelly, Robert Klein, Timothy Olyphant, and Mary Kay Place. "Rose Troche is a highly acclaimed independent director poised to break out to a wider audience with The Safety of Objects," said IFC Films senior vice president Bob Berney. "We believe this film, with its ensemble of brilliant performances, has a very broad appeal." The film is scheduled for release next summer.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Lost Pink Triangles