The Opposite of Sex may resurface as a musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that out writer-director Don Roos's pitch-black gay comedy The Opposite of Sex is being turned into a musical. Composer Douglas J. Cohen (off Broadway's No Way to Treat a Lady) and director Robert Jess Roth (the Broadway Beauty and the Beast) are currently collaborating on a stage musical adapted from the cult film, despite its unlikeliness as source material. "As soon as I saw the film, I envisioned those characters singing and dancing," says Roth. "Douglas has already written 12 songs. We hope to have a reading in the fall."
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers