The Opposite of Sex may resurface as a musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
Columnist Liz Smith reports that out writer-director Don Roos's pitch-black gay comedy The Opposite of Sex is being turned into a musical. Composer Douglas J. Cohen (off Broadway's No Way to Treat a Lady) and director Robert Jess Roth (the Broadway Beauty and the Beast) are currently collaborating on a stage musical adapted from the cult film, despite its unlikeliness as source material. "As soon as I saw the film, I envisioned those characters singing and dancing," says Roth. "Douglas has already written 12 songs. We hope to have a reading in the fall."
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?