Exclusive: E! reportedly fires Steve Kmetko
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2002 12:00 AM ET
Fans of openly gay entertainment reporter and one-time Advocate cover boy Steve Kmetko were likely surprised and disappointed on September 22 when E! Entertainment Television's coverage of the annual Emmy Awards failed to feature or even mention the network's leading on-camera talent--despite the fact that Kmetko had been included in E!'s promotional spots about the awards show during the week before the cablecast. Now sources inside E! tell Advocate.com that Kmetko's disappearing act was a result of his having been let go by the cable network effective September 20. Reasons for the reported severance remain unclear. Contacted by Advocate.com, E! did not deny that Kmetko had departed--he has not appeared on the air since that date--but a spokesperson declined to comment. Advocate.com could not reach Kmetko for comment.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?