Exclusive: E! reportedly fires Steve Kmetko
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2002 12:00 AM ET
Fans of openly gay entertainment reporter and one-time Advocate cover boy Steve Kmetko were likely surprised and disappointed on September 22 when E! Entertainment Television's coverage of the annual Emmy Awards failed to feature or even mention the network's leading on-camera talent--despite the fact that Kmetko had been included in E!'s promotional spots about the awards show during the week before the cablecast. Now sources inside E! tell Advocate.com that Kmetko's disappearing act was a result of his having been let go by the cable network effective September 20. Reasons for the reported severance remain unclear. Contacted by Advocate.com, E! did not deny that Kmetko had departed--he has not appeared on the air since that date--but a spokesperson declined to comment. Advocate.com could not reach Kmetko for comment.
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?