Much more Queer Eye, but first, about those salaries...
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 26 2003 11:00 PM ET
It seems Bravo wants its biggest-ever hit series to run a lot longer. The NBC-owned netlet is close to an agreement with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy creator Scout Productions to order about 40 episodes for the show's second season. "We won't be shutting off the Queer Eye production engine for quite a while," said David Collins, Queer Eye cocreator and executive producer, to The Hollywood Reporter. "Our relationship with NBC and Bravo has been amazing from the start."
Not as close to completion, the Reporter goes on to say, are a separate deal between Scout and NBC that could repurpose Queer Eye in prime time. Also up in the air are talent deals to bring back the Fab 5, the quintet of style experts who signed on to the program for $3,000 per episode, with six consecutive one-year contracts and raises of 5% per year. Look for Friends-like solidarity from the Fab 5 now that all are represented by major-league agencies. ICM handles Carson Kressley; William Morris handles Ted Allen and Thom Felicia; Endeavor represents Kyan Douglas and Jai Rodriguez and is also brokering the series renewal deal on behalf of Scout Productions. According to Collins, the Fab 5 are expected to stay the same, as is the show's format. But Queer Eye will head out to other areas of the country, including Texas and the Midwest.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM