Much more Queer Eye, but first, about those salaries...
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2003 12:00 AM ET
It seems Bravo wants its biggest-ever hit series to run a lot longer. The NBC-owned netlet is close to an agreement with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy creator Scout Productions to order about 40 episodes for the show's second season. "We won't be shutting off the Queer Eye production engine for quite a while," said David Collins, Queer Eye cocreator and executive producer, to The Hollywood Reporter. "Our relationship with NBC and Bravo has been amazing from the start."
Not as close to completion, the Reporter goes on to say, are a separate deal between Scout and NBC that could repurpose Queer Eye in prime time. Also up in the air are talent deals to bring back the Fab 5, the quintet of style experts who signed on to the program for $3,000 per episode, with six consecutive one-year contracts and raises of 5% per year. Look for Friends-like solidarity from the Fab 5 now that all are represented by major-league agencies. ICM handles Carson Kressley; William Morris handles Ted Allen and Thom Felicia; Endeavor represents Kyan Douglas and Jai Rodriguez and is also brokering the series renewal deal on behalf of Scout Productions. According to Collins, the Fab 5 are expected to stay the same, as is the show's format. But Queer Eye will head out to other areas of the country, including Texas and the Midwest.
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM