Slattery for Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
February 17 2011 11:35 AM ET
Mad Men star John Slattery has contributed the latest video in the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality series from the Human Rights Campaign.
“Unfortunately, equal rights don’t happen on their own,” says the
actor known for playing ad agency partner Roger Sterling. “We need to
fight for them.”
Advocates in New York hope to see another vote by June on the marriage equality bill, which failed in the state senate in 2009.
The video testimonials, which appear online and may run on television, feature prominent New Yorkers expressing their support for marriage equality. Other videos in the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality campaign so far have included Barbara Bush, daughter of former President George W. Bush, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon, Julianne Moore, Moby, Fran Drescher, Jeanne Moutoussamy-Ashe, Kenneth Cole, and Daphne Rubin-Vega.
Watch the latest video with Slattery.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM