Slattery for Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
February 17 2011 11:35 AM ET
Mad Men star John Slattery has contributed the latest video in the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality series from the Human Rights Campaign.
“Unfortunately, equal rights don’t happen on their own,” says the
actor known for playing ad agency partner Roger Sterling. “We need to
fight for them.”
Advocates in New York hope to see another vote by June on the marriage equality bill, which failed in the state senate in 2009.
The video testimonials, which appear online and may run on television, feature prominent New Yorkers expressing their support for marriage equality. Other videos in the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality campaign so far have included Barbara Bush, daughter of former President George W. Bush, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon, Julianne Moore, Moby, Fran Drescher, Jeanne Moutoussamy-Ashe, Kenneth Cole, and Daphne Rubin-Vega.
Watch the latest video with Slattery.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Op-ed: From Closeted Catholic to Gay Hero
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview