Holidays—It Should Be So Nice
BY Advocate Contributors
October 13 2010 4:00 AM ET
Great, gender stereotype–free gifts for kids
1. JumpSmart trampoline. The newest craze to hit the gyms in Chelsea (rebounding—working out on a mini trampoline) has made its way down to the tots! Now babies can work out with their daddies or mommies at David Barton or even in their living room. Get those kids camera-ready early, I say!
2. Karaoke machine with voice scrambler. Almost everyone I know already has a karaoke machine, but these new ones can slow down your voice for the ever-popular Elaine Stritch sound. Or speed it up to a Chipmunk/Liza voice. Once baby has been put to bed, daddies can take turns speeding it up to disco classics and relive their coke-fueled Studio 54 nights!
3. Globes. A child is never too young to start learning geography! You can even use pushpins (OK, so what do I know about child safety?) to mark P-Town, Ibiza, New Hope, Pa.—all the international gay destinations.
4. For you name-dropping gays, Ralph Lauren has created a new paint kit for children with his signature colors. Now your 5-year-old can do mock-ups for your apartment. “Junior, do you think Daddy and Daddy should paint the living room Amalfi Red or Monticello Yellow? You’re not leaving your room until both mock-ups are done!”
Sherry Vine, star of Gay.com’s series The Queens of Drag: NYC (SherryVine.com)
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- WATCH: Late Summer Stars
- The WHO Might Finally Rule Homosexuality is Not a Mental Disorder