BY Brandon Voss
December 31 2010 11:40 AM ET
10. CABARET: All I Know
After the sold-out success of his Carnegie Hall concert with Michael Feinstein, Cheyenne Jackson premieres his new solo show December 31 and January 1 at Prelude by Barton G — located within Miami’s Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts — a swanky new venue that will also feature solo concerts by out performers Gavin Creel and Bryan Batt in coming weeks. All we know is that we wouldn’t miss it if we were in Miami.
9. TV: My Fair Wedding With David Tutera
Celebrity event and wedding planner David Tutera — who has, in fact, worked with The Wedding Planner’s Jennifer Lopez — returns January 2 for the fourth season of WE TV’s hit wedding transformation series. No same-sex ceremonies this season, but the out host’s trashy-to-classy Los Angeles overhauls will include a Phantom of the Opera wedding, an Alice in Wonderland wedding, and a Wizard of Oz wedding with glittery ruby slippers.
8. DVD: Howl
Recent Advocate cover boy James Franco plays gay again as beat poet Allen Ginsberg in this acclaimed film by Celluloid Closet duo Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman. It interweaves the landmark 1957 obscenity trial over Ginsberg’s Howl, an imaginative animated journey through the epic poem, and a portrait of a gay man who galvanized a generation through self-expression. Aaron Tveit also stars as Ginsberg’s lover, Peter Orlovsky.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 19 min 23 sec ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 55 min 29 sec ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 1 hour 23 min ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM