BY Brandon Voss
April 01 2011 5:45 AM ET
4. THEATER: Company
“I could understand a person ... if he happened to be gay.” How I Met Your Mother’s Neil Patrick Harris stars as bewildered bachelor Bobby in the New York Philharmonic’s concert presentation of Stephen Sondheim’s 1970 musical classic. Directed by Lonny Price, this semi-staged production, which runs April 7-9 at Avery Fisher Hall, also stars Jon Cryer, Stephen Colbert, Martha Plimpton, Patti LuPone, and Christina Hendricks.
3. BOOK: I’m Walking as Straight as I Can, Geri Jewell
In her funny, unflinchingly honest new memoir, Geri Jewell shares her many inspiring experiences as a comic with cerebral palsy who became the first disabled person to appear in a recurring TV role when she played Cousin Geri on The Facts of Life in the ’80s. Her struggle to accept herself as a lesbian is also fascinating, but her surprisingly dishy anecdotes about costars Lisa Whelchel and Charlotte Rae are the real gems here.
2. DVD: I Love You Phillip Morris
Based on a true story and shamefully overlooked during awards season, this exhilarating same-sex rom-com stars a very convincing Jim Carrey as flamboyant, charismatic con artist Steven Russell opposite Ewan McGregor as the prisoner in whom he finds a soul mate. Best of all, this raunchy love story, which is out April 5 on DVD, doesn’t pull its gay punches, whether it’s jaw-dropping sex scenes or lines like “I’m gonna be a big fag!”
- Film God Loves Uganda Makes Oscar Doc Shortlist 19 min 16 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' 24 min 48 sec ago
- Here To Inspire WATCH: Hot Naked Gay Men Jello Wrestling in Sexy, NSFW HIV Testing Ad 32 min ago
- Film How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS 47 min 54 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Utah's Marriage Ban Faces Court Challenge Today 1 hour 6 min ago
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 1 hour 45 min ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 1 hour 53 min ago