BY Brandon Voss
April 29 2011 4:30 AM ET
4. ART: Seduction, Queer Visions of Masculinity
P.J.S. Exhibitions, a downtown Manhattan gallery celebrating its first anniversary this month, celebrates the seductive beauty of modern men in this eye-opening exhibit, which features almost 100 works of art — drawings, photographs, and paintings — by more than 20 gay New York artists specializing in erotic expression like Michael Alago, Aaron Krach, and Harvey Redding. Proceeds benefit the New York LGBT Community Center.
3. FILM: Going Down in LA-LA Land
Based on Andy Zeffer’s 2006 novel, the latest film from prolific gay filmmaker Casper Andreas makes its world premiere May 1 at the Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival before May showings at festivals in Boston, Zurich, and Honolulu. Leading a cast that includes Jesse Archer, Alec Mapa, Judy Tenuta, and Bruce Vilanch, the impossibly hot Matthew Ludwinski stars as a struggling gay actor sucked into porn and prostitution.
2. THEATER: Project: Lohan
Out actor-playwright D’Arcy Drollinger dons drag to chronicle the rise and fall of life Lindsay Lohan using only published text from magazines, tabloids, gossip blogs, and court statements. The multi-media theatrical experience, which begins its world premiere April 29 at La MaMa, E.T.C. under Ben Rimalower’s direction, also features a cast that plays everyone from Lohan’s Mean Girls costar Tina Fey to ex-lover Samantha Ronson.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM