BY Brandon Voss
May 06 2011 12:20 PM ET
4. THEATER: Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays
A rotating cast of celebrities shows support for marriage equality in this popular evening of short gay-themed plays by respected playwrights like Moisés Kaufmann, Neil LaBute, Paul Rudnick, and Doug Wright. The latest incarnation opens May 9 at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center with Peri Gilpin (pictured), Julie Hagerty, Rachael Harris, John Rubinstein, and Jon Tenney. Future performances are scheduled for May 23, June 6, June 20, and June 27.
3. BOOK: Celluloid Activist: The Life and Times of Vito Russo, Michael Schiavi
A pioneer of gay media and activism who cofounded GLAAD and ACT UP, Vito Russo famously wrote The Celluloid Closet, a gay film bible. Out May 10, Schiavi’s detailed tribute, which chronicles the Advocate reporter’s journey from his Harlem childhood to his AIDS-related death in 1990, draws on archival material, unpublished letters and journals, and more than 150 interviews with the likes of Lily Tomlin and Larry Kramer.
2. TV/BOOK: Becoming Chaz and Transition, Chaz Bono
A sensation at Sundance, Becoming Chaz misses no chance to educate in chronicling the gender transition of Chastity into Chaz Bono, even when it comes to sharing intimate details about his breast removal, his painkiller addiction, and his relationship with girlfriend Jennifer Elia. Featuring Bono’s mom Cher, the World of Wonder–produced documentary debuts on OWN May 10, the same day his memoir, Transition, is available.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM