BY Brandon Voss
June 03 2011 3:10 PM ET
1. FILM: Beginners
Based on the real-life experience of filmmaker Mike Mills, this endearingly smart and artsy — smartsy? — dramedy opens June 3 in limited release and stars Ewan McGregor as the son of a man who comes out of the closet at age 75 after his wife’s death. The Sound of Music’s Christopher Plummer plays the deliriously happy dad, who spends his final years with a new gay social circle and a young beau played by ER’s Goran Visnjic.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer