BY Brandon Voss
June 17 2011 3:35 PM ET
7. THEATER: The Interlopers
Set among a makeshift family of misfits within the transgender community of Los Angeles, the world premiere of Gary Lennon’s play about identity and self-acceptance opens June 17 at L.A.’s Bootleg Theater. Directed by Trick’s Jim Fall, the Romeo and Juliet–inspired story stars out Noah’s Arc alum Darryl Stephens, who leads a cast that includes Leandro Cano, Paul Elia, Tara Karsian, Diarra Kilpatrick, and Trevor Peterson.
6. TV: RuPaul’s Drag U
Headmaster RuPaul and his drag queen faculty return June 20 to Logo for a second semester of schooling women on how to reconnect with their inner divas. Drag Race favorites Bebe Zahara Benet, Pandora Boxx, Carmen Carrera, Jujubee, Manila Luzon, Mariah, Morgan McMichaels, Ongina (pictured), Raven, Tyra Sanchez, and Shannel join Dean of Drag Lady Bunny and celebrity guests like Molly Ringwald and Jane Wiedlin.
5. THEATER: Unnatural Acts
After the success of last summer’s FringeNYC favorite Veritas, a new play emerges off-Broadway about the true story of Harvard's investigation and persecution of a group of gay students in 1920 — a long-buried campus scandal unearthed in 2002. Conceived and directed by Tony Speciale and created by members of the Plastic Theatre, the play opens June 23 at Classic Stage Company with a cast led by Roderick Hill and Nick Westrate.
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 23 min 52 sec ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 30 min 14 sec ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 1 hour 13 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 1 hour 14 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 1 hour 16 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 2 hours 36 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around the World 2 hours 59 min ago