BY Brandon Voss
August 05 2011 12:05 PM ET
1. FILM: Gun Hill Road
In writer-director Rashaad Ernesto Green’s terrifically tense and touching feature debut, which opens August 5 in limited release, stunning trans actress Harmony Santana stars as Michael, a shy Bronx teen just beginning to live as Vanessa — something that confuses, angers, and disgusts her papi, a macho ex-con played by Esai Morales. Also look for out Camp star Robin de Jesús as her sassy gay sidekick. For more info visit GunHillRoad.com.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- Op-ed: Will GOP Candidates Sign NOM’s 2016 Hate Pledge?