BY Brandon Voss
August 05 2011 12:05 PM ET
1. FILM: Gun Hill Road
In writer-director Rashaad Ernesto Green’s terrifically tense and touching feature debut, which opens August 5 in limited release, stunning trans actress Harmony Santana stars as Michael, a shy Bronx teen just beginning to live as Vanessa — something that confuses, angers, and disgusts her papi, a macho ex-con played by Esai Morales. Also look for out Camp star Robin de Jesús as her sassy gay sidekick. For more info visit GunHillRoad.com.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island