In Their Own Words: Quotes
BY Advocate Contributors
November 17 2011 5:00 AM ET
“One of the main reasons I wanted to do the show was to show that reality television doesn’t have to star people who are just nasty for a living. They’re not pointing a camera at us because we’re yelling and fighting and throwing drinks in each other’s faces.” —Gay designer Chris March, star of Mad Fashion, on his Bravo series
“Part of my approach to being gay in public has always been that it shouldn’t be a big deal, so I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. But there came a point when I realized that that could be confused with being ashamed or being afraid, and I never wanted to give that impression.” —Frasier star David Hyde Pierce, on coming out
“They should have sensitivity training to know there are certain kinds of things they’re not allowed to do, whatever their personal beliefs may be.” —Musician Ari Gold, after being asked to move to the back of a bus for holding hands with his boyfriend in New York
“I’m pretty single right now, but the best part about this whole process is the starfuckers. They’ve been coming out of the woodwork, and they’re adorable.” —Raja, season 3 winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- 5 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room