In Their Own Words: Quotes
BY Advocate Contributors
November 17 2011 5:00 AM ET
“One of the main reasons I wanted to do the show was to show that reality television doesn’t have to star people who are just nasty for a living. They’re not pointing a camera at us because we’re yelling and fighting and throwing drinks in each other’s faces.” —Gay designer Chris March, star of Mad Fashion, on his Bravo series
“Part of my approach to being gay in public has always been that it shouldn’t be a big deal, so I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it. But there came a point when I realized that that could be confused with being ashamed or being afraid, and I never wanted to give that impression.” —Frasier star David Hyde Pierce, on coming out
“They should have sensitivity training to know there are certain kinds of things they’re not allowed to do, whatever their personal beliefs may be.” —Musician Ari Gold, after being asked to move to the back of a bus for holding hands with his boyfriend in New York
“I’m pretty single right now, but the best part about this whole process is the starfuckers. They’ve been coming out of the woodwork, and they’re adorable.” —Raja, season 3 winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'