BY Brandon Voss
November 18 2011 5:34 PM ET
7. DVD: Longhorns, Bite Marks, Harvest, and Hollywood Sex Wars
Give thanks for the hot guys in these new releases: David Lewis’s Longhorns is a sweet and sexy ’80s-set comedy about Texan buddies with benefits; a gay couple hitches with a closeted trucker in Bite Marks, Mark Bessenger’s silly vampire comedy; farmhands find love in the tender German drama Harvest; and in Hollywood Sex Wars, gay actor and Dirty Sanchez singer Mario Diaz plays brilliantly against type as the ultimate ladies’ man.
6. DVD: Beginners
Based on the real-life experiences of filmmaker Mike Mills, this endearingly smart and artsy serio-comedy stars Ewan McGregor as the depressed son of a man who comes out of the closet at age 75 after his wife’s death. The Sound of Music’s Christopher Plummer — an Oscar front-runner — plays the deliriously happy father, who spends his final years with a new gay social circle and a young boyfriend played by ER’s Goran Visnjic.
5. THEATER: Wild Animals You Should Know
Opening November 20 off-Broadway at New York’s Lucille Lortel Theatre, Thomas Higgins’s new play stars Jay Armstrong Johnson and Gideon Glick as teenage boy scouts whose innocent sexual exploration ultimately involves a gay scoutmaster. At a November 22 talk-back, Higgins and ousted gay assistant scoutmaster James Dale will discuss the landmark 2000 Boy Scouts of America v. Dale case. For more info visit MCCTheater.org.
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation