BY Jeremy Kinser
February 11 2012 4:42 AM ET
TV: The Loving Story
Filmmaker Nancy Buirski uses never-before-seen footage, photos, and present-day interviews to create an utterly fascinating, bittersweet documentary about Mildred and Richard Loving, a mixed-race couple who were legally married in Washington, D.C., in 1958 but were arrested in their home state of Virginia and convicted of the felony crime of miscegenation. Buirski wisely leaves it to viewers to draw parallels to today’s battle to legalize gay marriage in the U.S., but they're unmistakable. Premieres on HBO February 14.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups