BY Jeremy Kinser
February 11 2012 4:42 AM ET
TV: The Loving Story
Filmmaker Nancy Buirski uses never-before-seen footage, photos, and present-day interviews to create an utterly fascinating, bittersweet documentary about Mildred and Richard Loving, a mixed-race couple who were legally married in Washington, D.C., in 1958 but were arrested in their home state of Virginia and convicted of the felony crime of miscegenation. Buirski wisely leaves it to viewers to draw parallels to today’s battle to legalize gay marriage in the U.S., but they're unmistakable. Premieres on HBO February 14.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel