BY Advocate.com Editors
November 23 2009 7:50 PM ET
Rob Lowe’s Duet With Snow White
1989 Academy Awards
Naturally with Allan Carr, flamboyant producer of the horrific Can’t Stop the Music, at the helm, the opening number of the 1989 Oscars promised to be the campiest in the show’s annals. But when Merv Griffin introduced Snow White to her blind date Rob Lowe — followed by a torturous rendition of “Proud Mary” — it went from embarrassing to painful, prompting Academy members such as Julie Andrews and Paul Newman to write letters of complaint.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter