BY Michelle Garcia
December 11 2009 4:10 PM ET
Ursula the Sea Witch — The Little Mermaid: Nothing like basing your villain on a drag queen to lure in a gay crowd. Ursula the Sea Witch is described as an “obese, purple-skinned, white-haired female human with a black facial mole and tentacles.” As voiced by Pat Carroll, the evil sea creature — who makes Ariel trade in her voice for the ability to walk — was based on both the sorceress in the Hans Christian Andersen story and the drag queen Divine.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 1 hour 17 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 2 hours 57 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM