BY Advocate.com Editors
December 24 2009 1:35 PM ET
2. The Family Stone — OK, so the idea of New England Democrat Diane Keaton having a gay deaf son and his black partner come home for the holidays and announce they’re trying to adopt doesn’t exactly scream chestnuts roasting on an open fire ... and, for that matter, neither does the surrounding cast of characters, including Sarah Jessica Parker as a stuck-up New Yorker and Rachel McAdams as a razor-tongued would-be hippie. And yet somehow this “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” weepie packs a whole lotta heart.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'