BY Advocate.com Editors
December 24 2009 1:35 PM ET
2. The Family Stone — OK, so the idea of New England Democrat Diane Keaton having a gay deaf son and his black partner come home for the holidays and announce they’re trying to adopt doesn’t exactly scream chestnuts roasting on an open fire ... and, for that matter, neither does the surrounding cast of characters, including Sarah Jessica Parker as a stuck-up New Yorker and Rachel McAdams as a razor-tongued would-be hippie. And yet somehow this “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” weepie packs a whole lotta heart.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality