15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
GLAAD slammed Brüno upon the film’s release, saying it "decreases the public's comfort with gay people." Brüno, a flamboyantly gay fashionista played by Sacha Baron Cohen, was deemed a satirical character by some activists, while others thought the film — comedy or not — would hurt the fight for gay rights. In one scene Brüno is shown in a hot tub with his infant son and two men who are having sex.
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married
- Op-ed: How the Voices of Children Have Helped Turn the Tide on Marriage Equality
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'