15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
GLAAD slammed Brüno upon the film’s release, saying it "decreases the public's comfort with gay people." Brüno, a flamboyantly gay fashionista played by Sacha Baron Cohen, was deemed a satirical character by some activists, while others thought the film — comedy or not — would hurt the fight for gay rights. In one scene Brüno is shown in a hot tub with his infant son and two men who are having sex.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media