15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
GLAAD slammed Brüno upon the film’s release, saying it "decreases the public's comfort with gay people." Brüno, a flamboyantly gay fashionista played by Sacha Baron Cohen, was deemed a satirical character by some activists, while others thought the film — comedy or not — would hurt the fight for gay rights. In one scene Brüno is shown in a hot tub with his infant son and two men who are having sex.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 35 min 38 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 9 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 9 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 9 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM