15 Films That Ticked Off Gay Audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2010 3:35 PM ET
GLAAD slammed Brüno upon the film’s release, saying it "decreases the public's comfort with gay people." Brüno, a flamboyantly gay fashionista played by Sacha Baron Cohen, was deemed a satirical character by some activists, while others thought the film — comedy or not — would hurt the fight for gay rights. In one scene Brüno is shown in a hot tub with his infant son and two men who are having sex.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana