And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 4:00 PM ET
Boat Trip: 2002
Some movies are just so abysmally bad, everything about them is worth mentioning. Boat Trip — one of many terrible films in Cuba Gooding Jr.’s post Jerry Maguire career — follows two down-and-out friends who accidentally find themselves on a gay cruise. Every character on the boat is a stale, hypersexualized stereotype, and the antigay gags fly fast and furious. When originally reviewed in The Advocate, we wrote that it was “too terrible to protest.” Enough said.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia
- Op-ed: Tech's Wake-Up Call From Your Transgender Coworker