And the Gay Razzie Goes To...
BY Advocate Contributors
February 25 2011 3:00 PM ET
Boat Trip: 2002
Some movies are just so abysmally bad, everything about them is worth mentioning. Boat Trip — one of many terrible films in Cuba Gooding Jr.’s post Jerry Maguire career — follows two down-and-out friends who accidentally find themselves on a gay cruise. Every character on the boat is a stale, hypersexualized stereotype, and the antigay gags fly fast and furious. When originally reviewed in The Advocate, we wrote that it was “too terrible to protest.” Enough said.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls