Jamie-Lynn Sigler’s Complicated Lesbian Wedding
BY Heath Daniels
July 18 2012 1:27 PM ET
You and I Do co-star David W. Ross play best friends. Did you hang out prior to shooting?
We met for coffee the first time and were immediately friends. Gossiping, talking about mutual friends that we had and we went to movies. It was around Halloween so we went and bought pumpkins and went to my friend’s house and carved pumpkins. We spent a lot of time together before we started filming. We had a great rapport and were super comfortable with each other by the time the cameras were rolling.
Ali describes herself as a “gold star lesbian,” meaning she’s never had sex with a man. Are you a gold star straight woman?
[Laughs] I am a gold star straight woman.
You have played the daughter of a mob boss on The Sopranos, Hollywood Madame Heidi Fleiss (in the TV Movie, Call Me: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss), and yourself on Entourage. Which was the bigger acting challenge?
I would say Heidi Fleiss. I was 20 years old. I had two weeks notice that I was gonna play the part. I was so naïve that I didn’t even have an acting coach back then. I just jumped right in and was trying to study to play somebody that was so notorious. [I was] at such a young age when sex was still kinda new to me and I’m playing somebody that supposedly knows everything about it. It was a big challenge. I loved it, but I think that was the hardest.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM