Brooklyn: Mix It Up With Avant Garde Queer Films
BY Michelle Garcia
November 12 2012 4:30 PM ET
Avant-garde film, art, and live performances come to Brooklyn this week at the 25th New York Queer Experimental Film Festival.
The event opens Monday night with You Can Have It All, a mash-up of films to give you a taste of what this festival is all about: a live performance with Jess Dobkin, and various animated and live-action shorts. The rest of the week is broken up with programming taking an artistic look at LGBTQ lives from all around the world.
For more information, visit MixNYC.org
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP