The Gay Films of the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival
BY Christopher Rudolph
April 26 2013 8:42 AM ET
When Shane Bitney Crone released a devastating Youtube video last year, chronicling his relationship with Tom, his fiance who died tragically, the video was a viral sensation. Now a year later, the story has been turned into a documentary directed and co-produced by Linda Bloodworth Thomason, the creator of Designing Women, whom the young couple had met when attending a wedding years earlier. The result is an affecting documentary about true love, and how to deal with the aftermath of a devastating loss.
Former President Bill Clinton introduced Bridegroom at the film's premiere, saying, "This is really on one level a wonderful, sad, heartbreaking, yet exhilirating and life-affirming story, and on another level, it's a story about our nation's struggle to make one more step in forming a more perfect union, for which marriage is both the symbol and the substance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did."
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did