The Gay Films of the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival
BY Christopher Rudolph
April 26 2013 9:42 AM ET
When Shane Bitney Crone released a devastating Youtube video last year, chronicling his relationship with Tom, his fiance who died tragically, the video was a viral sensation. Now a year later, the story has been turned into a documentary directed and co-produced by Linda Bloodworth Thomason, the creator of Designing Women, whom the young couple had met when attending a wedding years earlier. The result is an affecting documentary about true love, and how to deal with the aftermath of a devastating loss.
Former President Bill Clinton introduced Bridegroom at the film's premiere, saying, "This is really on one level a wonderful, sad, heartbreaking, yet exhilirating and life-affirming story, and on another level, it's a story about our nation's struggle to make one more step in forming a more perfect union, for which marriage is both the symbol and the substance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Decades of Old Research Leads to Possible HIV Vaccine For Kids