WATCH: Judi Dench Serenaded by Firefighters at Philomena Premiere
BY Jase Peeples
November 26 2013 1:19 PM ET
Actress Judi Dench has been receiving rave reviews for her performance in Philomena, and at the film’s U.K. premiere, fans were literally singing her praises.
A group of firefighters showed their love for Dench by serenading her as she walked down the red carpet, waving and smiling at the crowd of adoring fans who had gathered to catch a glimpse of the well-loved actress.
In addition to Dench’s performance, the film’s screenplay has also garnered acclaim from critics. Based on a true story, Philomena weaves the wonderful tale of Philomena Lee, a woman determined to recover a son she was forced to give up for adoption in the 1950s, when she bore the child out of wedlock within a conservative Irish Catholic community. With the assistance of a reporter from the BBC (Steve Coogan), Philomena embarks on her quest for reunion and redemption with a grown son, who, as she discovers, is a gay politician.
Watch the outpouring of love for Dench at the film’s U.K. premiere below.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did