Mommies Dearest: Mothers and Gay Sons on Film
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 16 2014 9:00 AM ET UPDATED: January 16 2014 12:23 PM ET
But I'm a Cheerleader (1999)
No homosexual rehab camp is complete without a deliciously perverse camp director clad in a Pepto-Bismol pink suit and her hunky closet case of a son (the handyman) sporting skin-tight booty shorts. Oscar nominee Cathy Moriarty stars as Mary Brown, a wonderfully campy June-Cleaver-gone-berserk type of homophobe who blatantly ignores her son Rock’s (gorgeous Eddie Cibrian) proclivity for striking poses as he strokes his gardening tools for the viewing pleasure of the same gay teens who’re supposed to overcome their “affliction” under Mary’s care. See the trailer below:
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times