Hot Sheet: Lookout Weekend
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 24 2012 6:11 PM ET
4. BOOK: How to Be Gay
Scholar David Halperin, who more than a decade ago raised a furor with his class of the same title at the University of Michigan, is no longer ashamed to be a fan of Joan Crawford, Doris Day, and Judy Garland, as his deliriously entertaining manifesto on gay culture (Harvard University Press, $35) illustrates.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown