Hot Sheet: Lookout Weekend
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 24 2012 6:11 PM ET
4. BOOK: How to Be Gay
Scholar David Halperin, who more than a decade ago raised a furor with his class of the same title at the University of Michigan, is no longer ashamed to be a fan of Joan Crawford, Doris Day, and Judy Garland, as his deliriously entertaining manifesto on gay culture (Harvard University Press, $35) illustrates.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban