Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2013 8:00 PM ET
6. FILM/EVENT: "A Divine Sunday" Raises Funds for Trevor Project
The world was most famously introduced to larger-than-life drag superstar Divine when she burst onto the screen and stole the show in John Waters's Pink Flamingos, and she brought a spark to other Waters camp classics like Mondo Trasho, Polyester, and Hairspray. Known as Harris Glenn Milstead out of drag, the Minnesota-born actor created a legend and defined a genre as the vivacious, buxom Divine. Film buffs, LGBT folks, and their friends and allies will gather for "A Divine Sunday" to wrap up the Out Twin Cities Film Festival at the St. Anthony Main Theatre in Minneapolis, with a special double feature of award-winning director Jeffrey Schwarz's documentaries I Am Divine and Vito. Tickets are $50, and all proceeds go toward the suicide prevention work of the Trevor Project. Get more details here, and watch the trailer for I Am Divine below.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'