Hot Sheet: Too Much Is Never Enough
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2013 8:00 PM ET
6. FILM/EVENT: "A Divine Sunday" Raises Funds for Trevor Project
The world was most famously introduced to larger-than-life drag superstar Divine when she burst onto the screen and stole the show in John Waters's Pink Flamingos, and she brought a spark to other Waters camp classics like Mondo Trasho, Polyester, and Hairspray. Known as Harris Glenn Milstead out of drag, the Minnesota-born actor created a legend and defined a genre as the vivacious, buxom Divine. Film buffs, LGBT folks, and their friends and allies will gather for "A Divine Sunday" to wrap up the Out Twin Cities Film Festival at the St. Anthony Main Theatre in Minneapolis, with a special double feature of award-winning director Jeffrey Schwarz's documentaries I Am Divine and Vito. Tickets are $50, and all proceeds go toward the suicide prevention work of the Trevor Project. Get more details here, and watch the trailer for I Am Divine below.
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards