Hot Sheet: Steel a Glance
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2013 10:04 PM ET
8. DANCE: L’Allegro, il Penseroso ed il Moderato, Mark Morris Dance Group
This dance piece, set to the George Frideric Handel ode that was inspired by John Milton’s poetry, is widely considered gay choreographer Mark Morris’s masterwork. A limited engagement at New York City’s Lincoln Center celebrates the dance’s 25th anniversary and caps off Lincoln Center’s annual White Light Festival. The production promises gorgeous music, both instrumental and vocal, in addition to Morris’s sublime choreography, which often features same-sex couplings as well as opposite-sex ones. Three performances only, from next Thursday through the following Saturday, November 23; pre-performance discussion with Morris on Friday the 22nd. Reserve tickets at WhiteLightFestival.org. — Trudy Ring
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?