Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 22 2014 6:42 PM ET
4. MUSIC: “Happy Little Pill,” Troye Sivan
The South African-born Australian vlogger-actor-singer with coiffed hair and a big voice embodies everything we know and believe about millennials with his soaring new single, "Happy Little Pill." Much like Lorde's "Royals," Sivan's tune offers snapshots of the things that bring instant gratification to young people, but delivers the words with an underlying swirl of sadness and caution. "Happy Little Pill" represents the overstimulated experience of this new generation, dealing with issues such as consumerism, relationships, and sexuality, all packaged in an emotional and thoughtful pop song. — Scott Ragan
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'