WATCH: Fifty Shades of Takei
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 23 2012 12:15 PM ET
Out actor George Takei tackled the bestselling novel Fifty Shades of Grey with his characteristic candor and catchphrase in a new video posted Tuesday.
"Many fans insisted I'd enjoy a special connection to the book, and that I ought to do an audio narration for it," says Takei, sitting down with E.L. James' erotic novel. "I was intruigued, so I grabbed a copy to see what all the fuss was about."
The video is, in honesty, a promotion for Takei's new book Oh Myyy! (There Goes The Internet), a reflection on how Takei, a 75-year-old actor best known for playing Mr. Sulu in Star Trek, came to be crowned king of the internet meme.
Watch Takei take on Fifty Shades of Grey below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV