Jessica and Dolly Get Intimate
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2008 12:00 AM ET
know how beautiful you are here in the afterglow... Do you
know how much it means to me / The way you make me
feel / Like I could soar the heavens / Gathering
shooting stars / Place them in a bouquet / In a
rainbow-studded jar.” Sounds like the stuff sappy
love songs of the ’80s were made of. Trouble
is, it’s 2008 -- and the song is a duet between
Jessica Simpson and...Dolly Parton?
The lyrics to the
song were leaked online in anticipation of Simpson’s
debut country album Do You Know? in stores now.
And the blogs immediately went nuts, some suggesting the two
buxom blonds had found their own "island in the
stream," and ladies’ sites like AfterEllen.com and LesbiaNation.com are wondering when Parton suddenly became so open
to addressing those rumors.
The duet is
perhaps an even bigger surprise considering the Kennedy
Center Honors disaster back in 2006 -- when Simpson botched
the lyrics to "9 to 5" -- twice -- while
paying tribute to Parton. Simpson later told E!
News that Parton talked her back from the brink of
retirement after that flub.
Guess we know how
Simpson likes to show her appreciation.
What do you
think? Awkward, or only if you read too much into things?
Let us know with your comments.
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM