BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
Whitney Houston — “Million Dollar Bill”
Whitney Houston’s big comeback album hadn’t even hit stores yet when a group of gays from Asbury Park, N.J., grabbed some wadded-up cash and square-cuts for their tribute to the queen of R&B.
Whitney probably loved it. After all, she says to this day, one of her favorite performing experiences in her entire career was the Pier Dance at New York City Pride.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers