BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
Whitney Houston — “Million Dollar Bill”
Whitney Houston’s big comeback album hadn’t even hit stores yet when a group of gays from Asbury Park, N.J., grabbed some wadded-up cash and square-cuts for their tribute to the queen of R&B.
Whitney probably loved it. After all, she says to this day, one of her favorite performing experiences in her entire career was the Pier Dance at New York City Pride.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges