BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2010 2:05 PM ET
You must know that putting pictures of the two of you up as your
Twitter background — including your No H8 picture — doesn’t help quiet
Well, Kim actually made that for me months ago. I
should probably take that down. I forgot that was up there, to be
Why didn’t you address the rumors on your Twitter or
Facebook as soon as the story broke on March 1?
Because I didn’t
think that was appropriate. I wanted to wrap my head around everything
because that whole week was such a whirlwind. I needed to step back and
think about it before I reacted.
There must be some truth to
the UsMagazine.com post. For starters, were you really Kim’s date at the
Blacks’ Annual Gala in Miami Beach?
Well, I’ve been involved with
that charity for years, so I brought her into that event. We’re
obviously friends and hanging out, but we weren’t on a date. She was
there with her daughters.
UsMagazine.com reported that you had broken up with your longtime girlfriend to be with Kim.
That’s absolutely false. My girlfriend and I broke up in August when I moved to L.A. and she took a job in New York.
It was also reported that you lost weight to be with Kim. Why did you lose weight?
I did not lose weight for someone else. I had lived in Miami, I was in a new city, my girlfriend had left, so I was very depressed and lost weight because of that. Then I met Kim, who’s a lot of fun and a wonderful person. I’d never seen her show at the time, but the Kim they portray on TV is not the Kim that I saw. We just hit it off. Being in a very sad place, Kim put a smile on my face. We laughed, we connected through music, and we became good friends.
You were apparently overheard saying, “We’re really happy!” Did those words ever come out of your mouth?
I did say that I was happy. I ran into a lot of people that I hadn’t seen in a while — not since I’d moved to L.A. — and they would notice my weight loss and say, “You look really happy!” But I was also telling people that I was single, and Kim was standing right there. So that was a misquote.
Real Housewives of New York star Simon van Kempen was quoted as saying, “The rumor is that Kim Zolciak will come out this season.” Do you know him?
I don’t know any of those people. I really don’t watch a lot of TV.
Are you sexually attracted to Kim?
I was never really attracted to Kim except on an emotional level. I was in a very bad place when I met her because of breaking up with my girlfriend, and she brought me out of that depression.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 1 hour 44 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 2 hours 44 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM