BY Brandon Voss
March 11 2010 1:05 PM ET
You must know that putting pictures of the two of you up as your
Twitter background — including your No H8 picture — doesn’t help quiet
Well, Kim actually made that for me months ago. I
should probably take that down. I forgot that was up there, to be
Why didn’t you address the rumors on your Twitter or
Facebook as soon as the story broke on March 1?
Because I didn’t
think that was appropriate. I wanted to wrap my head around everything
because that whole week was such a whirlwind. I needed to step back and
think about it before I reacted.
There must be some truth to
the UsMagazine.com post. For starters, were you really Kim’s date at the
Blacks’ Annual Gala in Miami Beach?
Well, I’ve been involved with
that charity for years, so I brought her into that event. We’re
obviously friends and hanging out, but we weren’t on a date. She was
there with her daughters.
UsMagazine.com reported that you had broken up with your longtime girlfriend to be with Kim.
That’s absolutely false. My girlfriend and I broke up in August when I moved to L.A. and she took a job in New York.
It was also reported that you lost weight to be with Kim. Why did you lose weight?
I did not lose weight for someone else. I had lived in Miami, I was in a new city, my girlfriend had left, so I was very depressed and lost weight because of that. Then I met Kim, who’s a lot of fun and a wonderful person. I’d never seen her show at the time, but the Kim they portray on TV is not the Kim that I saw. We just hit it off. Being in a very sad place, Kim put a smile on my face. We laughed, we connected through music, and we became good friends.
You were apparently overheard saying, “We’re really happy!” Did those words ever come out of your mouth?
I did say that I was happy. I ran into a lot of people that I hadn’t seen in a while — not since I’d moved to L.A. — and they would notice my weight loss and say, “You look really happy!” But I was also telling people that I was single, and Kim was standing right there. So that was a misquote.
Real Housewives of New York star Simon van Kempen was quoted as saying, “The rumor is that Kim Zolciak will come out this season.” Do you know him?
I don’t know any of those people. I really don’t watch a lot of TV.
Are you sexually attracted to Kim?
I was never really attracted to Kim except on an emotional level. I was in a very bad place when I met her because of breaking up with my girlfriend, and she brought me out of that depression.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM