Before “Born This Way”
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2011 4:15 AM ET
3. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, 1978
The winner of a Grammy in the short-lived Best Disco Recording category has had a long life as the quintessential finding-personal-strength anthem.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'