Editors' Personal Madonna Moments
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 06 2012 12:25 PM ET
“Express Yourself” was endlessly fascinating and titillating for me, a lesbian coming out and of age in the late 1980’s. Back when MTV still played music videos I taped the video — that’s right, on VHS — and played it over and over until the tape got those trademark worn-out ripples. Madonna’s brazen sexuality resonated for me in a way that previously only Annie Lennox had been able to do — both women mining the liminal space of feminine and masculine energy.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?