Country Entertainers Who Support LGBT Equality
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 21 2012 8:10 AM ET
Last year the country superstar told CMT Insider that same-sex marriage doesn’t bother him and opponents are wasting money trying to stop it. "That whole gay issue thing, that's never bothered me," he said. "I've never seen what that affects and why anybody should care — and they never do affect me."
He added, "First of all, we're going to stop somebody from getting a marriage license because they're gay? You won't stop them from living together, so what have you accomplished? ... Wasting a lot of money here and a lot of time that could be spent working on this deficit that we're under ... I never saw the reasoning behind getting in people's personal lives."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 9 min 24 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 9 min 45 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 22 min 32 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 39 min 24 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 12 min ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 18 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 50 min ago