The Irrepressibles Lead Singer Talks About Being Gay and the Men He's Loved
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 18 2013 3:59 PM ET
Jamie McDermott, lead vocalist for the chamber ensemble The Irrepressibles never felt the need to hide who he was. Though the music industry may not always be the most accepting towards gay people, he felt it was such a strong part of him it couldn't, and shouldn't be repressed. After releasing the video for their latest single, Two Men in Love, which shows two men falling in love, and all of the affection that comes along with that, Jamie sat down to discuss his band's latest album, Nude and, amongst other things, being gay in the world of music.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?